Spring 2021 Note: For the most updated and current information about the furnishings, seating capabilities, and technologies available in your room during the 2020-2021 school year, please consult 25Live.
Please note that ALL scheduled classrooms are now equipped with
- an instructor computer
- a webcam attached to the instructor computer
- a doc cam for presenting materials
- amplification for faculty (through a microphone setup at the instructor station)
- an HDMI connection in case you prefer to bring your own laptop (bring your own adapter if needed)
ITS has created a 2020-2021 Quick Guide to Classroom Technologies which you can download. For more suggestions about organizing your course and engaging students in the new face-to-face class arrangements, please see our Spring 2021 F2F and Hybrid Teaching guide pages.
New! Horizon Hall Information
Four Horizon Hall classrooms are scheduled to open for Spring 2021. Our new resource pages are linked in the building list below.
You might also find the following resources useful:
- Tour four Horizon Hall Rooms: Click here to open/download the PowerPoint (large file; please be patient!)
- Register now for our virtual workshop: "Teaching in Large Active Learning Classrooms: Horizon Hall," Tuesday January 19, 2021, 10:00-12:00 am
- Register for our Horizon Hall Open House times, Tuesday January 19, 1:00-3:00 pm and Wednesday January 20, 2:00-4:00 pm. You may attend in-person or via Zoom. (Registration allows us to ensure social distancing and provide Zoom links; please do not just drop-in. If you need same-day access, please email Stearns Center.)
This Classroom Guide includes most centrally-scheduled Mason classrooms. Laboratories, conference rooms, and other spaces that are operated by departments or programs may not be listed here; please contact your department or unit for information about these spaces. Updates including Cabrera Global Center classrooms are coming soon.
The guide is designed to provide faculty members with information about the features of their classrooms and the kind of teaching and learning opportunities those features may support. The instructions provided in this guide should be seen as starting points: additional technological and pedagogical support is available through a range of offices on campus. For more assistance, please see our FAQs page.
The guide is brought to you through a collaboration of the Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning, Classroom Support, Learning Space Design, and Faculty Affairs & Development, under the direction of the Learning Environments Group. These pages are intended as an instructional supplement to the location information provided by 25Live.
This guide opened in August 2018. We are continuing to expand and update this resource. Please send all queries, kudos, suggestions, or corrections to email@example.com.
Show All | Hide All
Arlington CampusVan Meter (ARLVM)
Fairfax CampusArt & Design (AB)Aquia Hall (AQ)Blue Ridge (BL)Buchanan Hall (BUCHAN)David King Hall (DK)East Building (E)Engineering Building (ENGR)Enterprise Hall (ENT)Exploratory Hall (EXPL)Horizon Hall (HH)
- Horizon Hall Small Classroom, 27-36 students (1007, 1009 , 1011, 3001, 3014, 4000, 4001, 4008, 4010, 4012, 4014, 4016, 5001)
- Horizon Hall Medium Classroom, 48-66 students (1008, 1010, 1012, 2008, 2010, 2017, 3008, 3010, 3012, 5018)
- Horizon Hall Large Classroom, 72 -118 students (1014, 2009, 2014, 2016)
Loudoun CampusSignal Hill (LSH)
SciTech CampusKatherine Johnson Hall (PW-KJH)Colgan Hall (PW-CH)
These pages are under development, and more resources are coming in Fall 2020 and Spring 2021. For additional technology assistance, please see our FAQ page.Classroom Types
Baseline with Projector
Baseline with TV Monitor
Baseline with Projector and Student PCs
Baseline with Projector and Student Macs
Baseline with Interactive Whiteboard
Baseline with Projector and Interactive Whiteboard
Baseline with Projector and Classroom Capture
Baseline with Projector and Web Conferencing
Baseline with Dual Projection
Bring Your Own Device with Projector
Bring Your Own Device with TV Monitor
Bring Your Own Device with TV Monitor and Wireless Projection
Signature Learning Spaces