Fall 2021: Please note that ALL scheduled classrooms are now equipped with
- an instructor computer, with keyboard and mouse
- a webcam attached to the instructor computer
- a doc cam for presenting materials
- amplification for faculty through a microphone linked to the instructor station (Fall 2021 Note: A very small number of classrooms not in operation last spring may be without instructor microphones; if you need audio support in your room, please contact Classroom and Lab Technologies via firstname.lastname@example.org)
- an HDMI connection in case you prefer to bring your own laptop (bring your own adapter if needed)
ITS has created a Quick Guide to Classroom Technologies which you can download. For more suggestions about organizing your course and engaging students in face-to-face class arrangements, please see our F2F and Hybrid Teaching guide pages.
Horizon Hall Information, Fall 2021
Our individual room resource pages are linked in the building list below. Each link provides a picture of and floor plan for the exact classroom, in addition to outlining the classroom features, teaching strategies, and technology instructions.
This Classroom Guide includes most centrally-scheduled Mason classrooms. Laboratories, conference rooms, and other spaces that are operated by departments or programs may not be listed here; please contact your department or unit for information about these spaces. Updates including Cabrera Global Center classrooms are coming soon.
The guide is designed to provide faculty members with information about the features of their classrooms and the kind of teaching and learning opportunities those features may support. The instructions provided in this guide should be seen as starting points: additional technological and pedagogical support is available through a range of offices on campus. For more assistance, please see our FAQs page.
The guide is brought to you through a collaboration of the Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning, Classroom and Lab Technologies, and Faculty Affairs & Development, under the direction of the Learning Environments Group. These pages are intended as an instructional supplement to the location information provided by 25Live.
This guide opened in August 2018. We are continuing to expand and update this resource. Please send all queries, kudos, suggestions, or corrections to email@example.com.
Show All | Hide All
Arlington CampusVan Meter (ARLVM)
Fairfax CampusArt & Design (AB)Aquia Hall (AQ)Blue Ridge (BL)Buchanan Hall (BUCHAN)David King Hall (DK)East Building (E)Engineering Building (ENGR)Enterprise Hall (ENT)Exploratory Hall (EXPL)Horizon Hall (HH)
- Horizon Hall Small Classroom Overview, 27-36 students (1007, 1009 , 1011, 3001, 3014, 4000, 4001, 4008, 4010, 4012, 4014, 4016, 5001)
- Horizon Hall Medium Classroom Overview, 48-66 students (1008, 1010, 1012, 2008, 2010, 2017, 3008, 3010, 3012, 5018)
- Horizon Hall Large Classroom Overview, 72 -118 students (1014, 2009, 2014, 2016)
Individual Room List:
Loudoun CampusSignal Hill (LSH)
SciTech CampusKatherine Johnson Hall (PW-KJH)Colgan Hall (PW-CH)
These pages are under development, and more resources are coming in Fall 2021. For additional technology assistance, please see our FAQ page.Classroom Types
Baseline with Projector
Baseline with TV Monitor
Baseline with Projector and Student PCs
Baseline with Projector and Student Macs
Baseline with Interactive Whiteboard
Baseline with Projector and Interactive Whiteboard
Baseline with Projector and Classroom Capture
Baseline with Projector and Web Conferencing
Baseline with Dual Projection
Bring Your Own Device with Projector
Bring Your Own Device with TV Monitor
Bring Your Own Device with TV Monitor and Wireless Projection
Signature Learning Spaces