Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning
We spark ongoing innovation in teaching and learning to sustain faculty excellence, enabling Mason to become a model of a university in which faculty—across all ranks and disciplines, in all modalities—consistently and inclusively provide students with access to excellence.
We provide leadership to enhance educational excellence across the university and partner with faculty as they engage in innovative, inclusive teaching practices and continuous growth.
To enact our mission, we
- identify and recognize quality in teaching
- support and advocate for faculty members’ ongoing growth as learning designers across disciplines and modalities
- enhance faculty communities around teaching; and
- foster research into and sharing of evidence-based pedagogies.
To enable this work, we
- collaborate intentionally with other offices, programs, and initiatives across the university;
- maintain currency in our fields and systematically assess our own efforts; and
- provide seamless client services to the Mason community.